Safety Testing for Electrical Motors as per IEC 60034-1
IEC 60034 is applicable to all rotating electrical machines for safety testing.
Why We Require IEC Tested Motors?
- Electrical motors are responsible for 50% of global electricity use in the survey.
- IEC standards has contributed to the development of energy-efficient electric motor systems through the internationally relevant test Standard like IEC 60034-1, IEC 60034-2-1 and IEC 60034-30-1 etc.
- It helps to find the faults in motors in normal and abnormal conditions.
What is the Classification of Electric motors as per IEC standard?
- IE1 Standard Efficiency
- IE2 High Efficiency
- IE3 Premium Efficiency
- IE4 Super-premium Efficiency.
What are the benefits of Testing?
- Increase the life of the motor.
- Save money & save energy as well
- Provide faith in the product
- Improve the safety of the product
Standards for Motor Testing
Partial list of all particular standards for motors:
|IEC 60034-1||Rotating electrical machines – Part 1: Rating and performance|
|IEC 60034-2-1||Rotating electrical machines – Part 2-1:Standard methods for determining losses and efficiency from tests (excluding machines for traction vehicles)|
|IEC 60034-2-2||Rotating electrical machines – Part 2-2: Specific methods for determining separate losses of large machines from tests|
|IS 325 :1996||Three Phase induction motors|
|IS : 996-1979||Single phase small AC and universal electric motors|
|IS : 7538-1996||Three phase squirrel cage induction motors for centrifugal pumps for agricultural applications|
|IS : 9283-1995||Motors for submersible pumpsets|