Types of Refrigerator:
Refrigerator (fridge) is a home/Commercial appliance consisting of a thermally insulating compartment/Area and a heating Zone (mechanical, electronic) shift or transfer heat from inside to its outside environment so that its inside is cooling to a temperature below the room temperature or set temperature.
Ice-Lined refrigerators are designed for storage of vaccines, pharmaceutical products, blood bag and samples etc. at a temperature range of 2°C to 8°C. They have a lining of Ice packs hence the name. For long hold-over times should there be a power failure, a PUF insulating material is provided.
Combined refrigerators consist of two more or less equally-sized compartments: a fridge compartment up above and a freezer compartment down below.
Refrigerator/ Ice-lined refrigerator/ combined refrigerator-icepack freezer for safety testing following standard are applicable:
- IEC 60335-1: Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 1: (General requirements)
- IEC60335-2-24: Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-24: Particular requirements for refrigerating appliances, ice-cream appliances and ice-makers.
- WHO/PQS/E03/RF03.1: Performance Specification: Ice-lined refrigerator or combined refrigerator-icepack freezer: compression cycle.
Why Require IEC/EN/WHO Tested Refrigerators?
- Refrigerator are responsible for 50% of global electricity use in the survey.
- IEC/EN/WHO standards have contributed to the development of energy efficient Refrigerators systems through the internationally relevant test Standard like IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC/EN 60335-2-24 and WHO/PQS/EO3/RF03.1 etc.
- It’s helps to find the faults in Refrigerators in the normal and abnormal conditions.
- Performance related standard improve the working performance to get better output.
What are Benefits of Testing?
- Increase use-age life of the refrigerators.
- Save money & save energy as well with using star rating product or CE certified components
- Provide faith in product
- Improve safety of the product
- Improve performance as well
- Provide safety to user
List of major Tests under IEC/EN 60335-1 & IEC/EN 60335-2-24
|Sr. No||Title of test|
|1.||Marking and instructions|
|2.||Protection against access to live parts|
|3.||Power input and current|
|5.||Leakage current and electric strength at operating temperature|
|6.||Transient over voltages|
|8.||Leakage current and electric strength|
|16.||Supply connection test & external flexible cords test|
|17.||Terminals for external conductors|
|18.||Provision for earthing|
|19.||Screws and connections|
|20.||Clearances, creepage distances and solid insulation|
|21.||Resistance to heat and fire|
|22.||Resistance to rusting|
List of major Tests under WHO/PQS/EO3/RF03.1 etc.
|Sr. No||Title of test|
|4.||Stable running and power consumption test|
|5.||Stable running and power consumption test|
|6.||Icepack freezing capacity Test|
|7.||Holdover time Test|
|9.||Compressor starting test|
|10.||Minimum rated ambient temperature test|
ITC INDIA: Is Capable of Testing all Refrigerators for the safety as per IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC 60335-2-24, and WHO/PQS/EO3/RF03.1 Including all Electrical safety standard.
Our Goal: Electrical /Electronic device testing, certification, and evaluation for compliance to Product Safety requirements for demonstrating basic safety and essential performance as per IEC/EN 60335-1, IEC 60335-2-24, and WHO/PQS/EO3/RF03.1 all related standard
“To Evaluate the Best & Reduce the waste”
ITC INDIA is a NABL/BIS/TEC Approved Testing laboratory as 17025.
ITC INDIA is doing the Safety Testing for all Type of Refrigerators on urgent basis to give our best services (for vaccine storage Refrigerators).