Lithium batteries are dangerous goods & require special packaging for transportation.
All domestic and international shipments containing lithium batteries are subject to transport regulations on hazardous goods according to ADR RID, ADN, IMDG, ICAO/IATA Regulations.
Standard for Transportation of Lithium ion Batteries
UN3480 – Lithium ion battery (RECHARGABLE BATTERIES)
UN3482 – Lithium Ion battery (RECHARGABLE BATTERIES) contained in equipment or Lithium Ion batteries packed with equipment.
UN3090 – Lithium metal battery (NON-RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES)
UN3091 – Lithium metal battery (NON -RECHARGABLE BATTERIES) contained in equipment or Lithium metal batteries packed with equipment.
For each model of battery, there are different requirements to be verified:
- Type of battery.
- Weight of the battery.
- Dimensions of the battery.
- Capacity of the battery.
- Mode of transport.
Benefits of Testing
- Approved for transportation for lithium batteries by road, air and sea.
- Also supplied with flame resistant foam inserts to also provide enhanced impact protection.
- Easily re-sealable allowing for flexibility.
- Successfully fire tested.
- Exterior case temperature at the container surface remains below 100°C.
- Tested and meets UN3481, UN3480 and UN3090 class 9 goods requirements.
- Easy to use, with quick loading and unloading.
ITC India Electrical Safety testing laboratory Accredited by NABL/TEC/BIS.
For More Information visit us on : www.itcindia.org.