WHY AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS TESTING IS IMPORTANT?
Following are the key benefits for testing of Electrical & Electronic components in vehicles:
- Providing safety of automotive electrical & electronics Components by demonstrating compliance to applicable standards
- Clarifying market access of electrical & electronic components by meeting relevant country standards (e.g. EU Low Voltage and Machinery Directives and EMC Directives etc)
- Saving time & money as well
- Meeting end-user quality expectations for vehicle electrical & electronics Components.
Major Technical Capabilities in automotive testing:
- Environmental Testing (Hot/Cold/Humidity/Thermal Shock)
- Electrical & Electronics safety Testing
- Vibration Testing
- Special purpose testing as per costumer specification or requirements
- Corrosive Resistance Test
- Battery Testing & Validations
- Load Testing
- Radiated RF Emissions Test
- Conducted RF Emissions Test
- Harmonics Emission and Voltage Fluctuation Test
- Magnetic Field Emissions Test
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Test
- Radiated RF Immunity Test
- Electrical Fast Transient (EFT)
- Voltage Surge Immunity Test
- Conducted RF Immunity Test
- Magnetic Field Immunity Test
- Electrical Testing
- AIS : 048/IEC 60254: Lead-acid traction batteries – Part 1: General requirements and methods of tests.
- IEC 62969-1: Semiconductor devices – Semiconductor interface for automotive vehicles – Part 1: General requirements of power interface for automotive vehicle sensors.
- IEC 60721-3-5: Classification of environmental conditions – Part 3: Classification of groups of environmental parameters and their severities -Section 5: Ground vehicle installations
- IEC 60839-3-5: Alarm systems – Part 10: Alarm systems for road vehicles – Section 1: Passenger cars
- IEC 60529: Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)
- IEC 60068: Environmental testing – Part 2: Tests – ALL PARTS
- IEC 61000: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- IEC 60068-2-11:Basic environmental testing procedures – Part 2-11: Tests – : Salt mist